accumulo-dev mailing list archives

From Adam P Fuchs <adam.p.fu...@ugov.gov>
Subject NSA CCLA and Accumulo Software Grant
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 17:55:54 GMT
We just faxed in a signed NSA CCLA and Software Grant for Accumulo.

As Billie mentioned earlier, the Software Grant is unmodified, with a caveat in the Exhibit
A (List of software and other intellectual property covered by this agreement), to state that
some portions of Accumulo are in the public domain, and that the copyright license is granted
only for those materials for which there is copyright.

The CCLA is slightly modified. We broadened the definition of "You" (or "Your") in section
one to include "the owner of a contribution not subject to copyright". We also modified the
Grant of Copyright License in section two to include the clause "to the extent that copyright
exists in the Contribution(s)". The full text of the modified CCLA is attached. Should we
pose this as a question to the LEGAL jira now to see if ASF will accept these changes?

Adam