abdera-user mailing list archives

From Morten Bendiksen <MBendik...@vizrt.com>
Subject RE: Thread safety and resource usage of AbderaClient
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 14:05:13 GMT
Good to know, thanks for the answer.

I did write up a test to check what happened with multiple AbderaClient instances. I got some
weird results. On some machines it crashes with a "SocketException: No buffer space available"
after it has run through all available ports. But on others it works fine and just cycles
the available ports over and over. I made a selfcontained project with a mock http server,
so I know it is not the servers fault. Here is the relevant code.

        Abdera abdera = Abdera.getInstance();
        for (int i = 0; i < 10000000; i++)
        {
            AbderaClient client = new AbderaClient(abdera);
            ClientResponse res = client.get("http://localhost:8580/");
            if (res.getStatus() == 200)
                System.out.println("OK");
            else
                System.out.println("NOT OK!");
            res.release();
            client.teardown();
        }

Is there something I am doing wrong here or might there be a bug?

On the classpath I have:
abdera-1.1.2.jar
axiom.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-httpclient-3.0.1.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
simple-4.1.21.jar(for a mock http-server)

- Morten