abdera-user mailing list archives

From Morten Bendiksen <MBendik...@vizrt.com>
Subject Thread safety and resource usage of AbderaClient
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 10:36:11 GMT
Hi,

I am using Abdera in a project where different threads use the AbderaClient to read and post
ducuments from/to a server. I am wondering what are the recommended way to do this safely
and without consuming too many resources. Can I safely share one instance of AberaClient between
multiple threads? Should I always call the ClientResponse.release() method after I'm done
with a response?

When I blindly followed the Getting started guide, I quickly ran into problems of performance
and even ran out of connections after a while. Now I call the .teardown() method when I'm
no longer using the AbderaClient, and things improved. I could not find any documentation
about this though, so I am therefore asking here, since I really want to ensure I'm doing
things the right way, so I don't bump into other problems later.

Best regards,
Morten Bendiksen