abdera-user mailing list archives

From James Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Entry-Content with mime type application/xml as stream.
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 19:15:52 GMT
Because of the way the entry is parsed, there's no way to get xml
content as a stream. If you absolutely need that model and if you have
control over the feed construction, the best bet is to use <content
type="application/xml" src="http://..." /> where the src points to a
URL where the xml can be retrieved. Otherwise, there's not much you're
going to be able to do here.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 4:20 AM,  <Guido_Schaumann@mcafee.com> wrote:
> Hi, if got a little "problem".
> I have got a post request to create new resources.
> The Post Request contain an antry element:
> <entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:app="http://www.w3.org/2007/app">
>  <description/>
>                <content type="application/xml">
>                <some xstream xml>...< some xstream xml >
>                .... more
>                </content>
> </entry>
>
> What I would like to do is getting the content of the content tag either as a  stream/streamreader.
> I don't want to use the Entry.getContent() because the embedded xml elements can be very
long and I want to save memory on the serverside.