abdera-user mailing list archives

From Richard Jones <rich.d.jo...@googlemail.com>
Subject chunked Transfer-Encoding forbidden
Date Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:40:59 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm a new user with Abdera, and am having some problems getting an
Abdera client to talk to my AtomPub server running behind Apache, based
around chunked Transfer-Encoding, and wonder if anyone can help.

Basically, I'm executing:

resp = client.execute(
	"POST", url.toString(),
	new SWORDMultipartRequestEntity(deposit),
	options);

Where SWORDMultipartRequestEntity is home-baked but very similar to
MultipartRelatedRequestEntity (it adds a few extra headers at the Media
Part mime boundary and puts a Content-Disposition on the Entry Part).

When I run this, I get a 411 Content-Length required response, and the
Apache log says:

chunked Transfer-Encoding forbidden: /sss/col-uri/ca0f

I ran a curl command against my AtomPub server:

curl -i -X POST --data-binary "@multipart.dat"
       -H 'Content-Type:
           multipart/related;boundary="===============0670350989=="'
       -H 'MIME-Version: 1.0'
       -H 'Packaging: http://purl.org/net/sword/package/default'
     http://localhost/sss/col-uri/ca0f

where @multipart.dat is a mock-up of the kind of multipart/related
request I want to make.

The request was successful, and I chased it with wireshark, which gave
me the following output:

POST /sss/col-uri/ca0f HTTP/1.1
Expect: 100-continue

HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

So there was a 100 Continue response and then the content deposit went
as planned.  When I chase the relevant equivalent bit of code coming
from Abdera I get:

POST /sss/col-uri/ca0f HTTP/1.1

HTTP/1.1 411 Length Required

The Main differences I can see are:

1/ The Content-Type header from Abdera is slightly differently
constructed (mime boundary accepted) - can't see that this is the problem.

2/ There is a Transfer-Encoding: chunked header rather than a
Content-Length header in the Abdera call.  This seems to be the culprit.

Perhaps support for Transfer-Encoding: chunked is an option in Apache,
or perhaps I need to set the Content-Length myself?  Any tips gratefully
appreciated.

In the mean time, other than that I have to say that Abdera is a joy to
work with - it's giving me lots of space to do the things that I want.

All the best,

Richard