abdera-user mailing list archives

From christine koppelt <ch.ko...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Help with extensions
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:47:28 GMT
Hi Dan,

there is an example regarding extensions bundled with the release,
have you checked it?
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/abdera/java/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/examples/extension/)

How does your ProfileElement class looks like? It should extend the
class ElementWrapper.
(definitely room for improving the API here...)

Unfortunately there is no detailed doco about extensions.

regards

Christine

2011/1/18 Olson, Dan (LNG-CSP) <dan.olson@lexisnexis.com>:
> I've been attempting to construct a feed document with custom entries with no success.
While I've seen some (very little) discussion on the web regarding my error.

> My code looks like:
>
> ProfileElement profileElement = entry.addExtension(Constants.QNAME_PROFILE);
>
> And my error is:
>
> "org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement cannot be cast to ProfileElement"
>
> I can verify the configuration of my extension factory, and trace calls into it.
>
> this.addImpl(QNAME_PROFILE, ProfileElement.class);
>
> The Getting Started Guide leads me to believe that "Extension Factories are covered in
detail in the Developer's Guide<developers.html>." However, that link is broken because
the destination, developers.html, does not exist.  Can someone please help me resolve this
exception and/or direct me to the referenced Developer's Guide?