abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Olson, Dan (LNG-CSP)" <dan.ol...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject Help with extensions
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:33:47 GMT
I've been attempting to construct a feed document with custom entries with no success. While
I've seen some (very little) discussion on the web regarding my error.

My code looks like:

ProfileElement profileElement = entry.addExtension(Constants.QNAME_PROFILE);

And my error is:

"org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement cannot be cast to ProfileElement"

I can verify the configuration of my extension factory, and trace calls into it.

this.addImpl(QNAME_PROFILE, ProfileElement.class);

The Getting Started Guide leads me to believe that "Extension Factories are covered in detail
in the Developer's Guide<developers.html>." However, that link is broken because the
destination, developers.html, does not exist.  Can someone please help me resolve this exception
and/or direct me to the referenced Developer's Guide?

Thanks