abdera-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Mendoza <oliver.mend...@base22.com>
Subject Unexpected Character Exception
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 22:20:19 GMT
Hello.

I'm having a problem trying to get a feed. I'm using a servlet to request the feed and then
output the xml to the response object.

The exception I'm getting is this:

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character ' ' (code 32) in content
after '<' (malformed start element?).
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [27,16]

and this is the code:

PrintWriter result = response.getWriter();
ClientResponse resp = client.get( url );
if (resp.getType() == ResponseType.SUCCESS) {
    Document<Feed> doc = resp.getDocument();
    response.setContentType("text/xml");
    doc.writeTo(result);
}

But I can get the xml with Firefox and It doesn't contain any < character with a space
after it.

Any idea what to verify?

Thanks