abdera-user mailing list archives

From gigi2 <ggtech...@gmail.com>
Subject custom character encoding conversion for abdera?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:49:21 GMT

Hello, Abdera gurus,

I am wondering if there is an easy/plugin-able way to do character encoding
conversion transparently in the process of marshall/unmarshall of Abdera

Basically, my input/output will always be these UTF-8 XMLs. As the backend
database is ISO encoded, I hope the result of unmarshall will give me ISO
strings. And when it comes to marshall, the ISO strings can be transparently
turned to UTF-8 XML response. Right now I'm using Abdera 0.4.0

I understand there will be chars in the input file not able to get
converted, if so, I'd be be expecting an error/exception that flags the
failure

Hope I sound clear. Really hope someone may help out a bit. Thanks a million
in advance