abdera-user mailing list archives

From Are Gulbrandsen <a.d.gulbrand...@usit.uio.no>
Subject Problems with escaped ampersand in feed id
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:20:18 GMT
Hi

I'm implementing atom feeds for a digital library application at the
University of Oslo using Abdera. I'm new to Abdera but up to this
problem, Abdera has been a pleasure to work with compared to Rome.

Every search in the library application will have an equivalent atom
feed. The feed will for instance be used by a department to show the
last submitted theses or articles.

I have generated an atom feed id based on a tag uri (RFC 4151) where
the search parameters form the last (specific) part of the URI, for
instance:
tag:duo.uio.no,2009-09:/search?language=365&yearFrom=2008&yearTo=2009

The problem is that the ampersands in the id gets escaped to &amp; and
the id becomes:
tag:duo.uio.no,2009-09:/search?
language=365&amp;yearFrom=2008&amp;yearTo=2009

I have fetched and checked the ID with feed.getId(), and the escaping
seems to be happening after feed.writeTo().

I have tried both feed.writeTo("prettyxml", response.getWriter()) and
feed.writeTo(response.getWriter()).

After much browsing around the Abdera Javadocs and Googling I'm still
clueless about why Abdera would escape the characters in the ID. -
Anyone got an idea or a tip on how to resolve this?

Best Regards,
Are D. Gulbrandsen
The XML-group,
University of Oslo