abdera-user mailing list archives

From Charles Greer <char...@oreilly.com>
Subject Re: Non-standard elements in Atom
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:19:43 GMT
We've used the extension element feature extensively at O'Reilly.
You'll find that it's trivial to add arbitrary extensions.  Naturally
you'll have to wrangle with namespaces...  Wearing my RDF hat I'd
suggest you use the Dublin Core

http://purl.org/dc/terms/issued for publication date and

our own

http://purl.oreilly.com/ns/meta/subtitle for subtitle

like this;

<entry xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"
xmlns:om="http://purl.oreilly.com/ns/meta/">
<title>My Big Fat Title</title>
<om:subtitle>A story about titles</om:subtitle>
<dc:issued>2004-06-22</dc:issued>
</entry>

Charles