abdera-user mailing list archives

From Karthik Ananth1 <kanan...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Application specific service document
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:11:57 GMT
Hi All,
In my application I need to send certian metadata associated with
Collections and Entry. I wanted to know if I can use the concept of
service document and send my application specific metadata. I will explain
below with a simple senario about what I am going to achive,

URL Mapping:

URL
 Target Type
/atom/service/
TargetType.TYPE_SERVICE
/atom/collection/
TargetType.TYPE_COLLECTION
/atom/collection/entry
TargetType.TYPE_ENTRY

Now I have to deal with two kinds of data one is metadata, another is
actual data, I am intending to do something like given below

URL
Result
/atom/collection/
Actual data
/atom/service/collection/
Metadata (Application specific metadata, my server side application will
build this)
/atom/collection./entry
Actual data
/atom/service/collection/entry
Metadata (Application specific metadata, my server side application will
build this)

Is it possible to achieve this in a straight forward way?

Regards
Karthik