abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Madhu Kaushik" <madhu.s.kaus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic loading of the Content Provider
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:18:54 GMT
Hi,

I am using the 0.4.0 version. I did consider the Adapter way of dynamically
did not understand is how to register the Adapter dynamically? Like will
there be a properties file which will contain the CustomAdapter class file
linked tp the URI for which it should be loaded? I could not find any
examples for actual registration. It would be helpful if someone can point
me to one.

My scenario is this:
I have multiple databases from which I'll be retrieving data. I want to
write Adapters which will retrieve this data through APP, modify it if
necessary and send it back again through APP. The problem arises  because I
will be interacting with multiple databases. So I want to create a system
where each type of database is considered as a different SERVICE, each
database in it as a WORKSPACE, each table as a COLLECTION and each row as an
ENTRY. And to parse it appropriately I need to load the Provider
corresponding to the URL hit. And all this has to happen on the fly. i.e I
don't want to reload my Servlet to reflect the changes.

Regards,
Madhu S Kaushik