abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DOCTYPE declaration causing WstxUnexpectedCharException
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:22:18 GMT
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:44 AM, James Abley <james.abley@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're pulling down Atom feeds that have an html DOCTYPE? Are you sure
> that they're valid Atom feeds? What does the feedvalidator [1] say?
>
> Cheers,
>
> James
>
> [1] http://www.feedvalidator.org/

Thanks, James. Your suggestion made me realize that the URL was
incorrect. Now I have the correct Atom URL and I'm getting an error in
the processing. Please see the code block and error below:

for (int i = 0; i < uris.length; ++i) {
	String uri = (String) uris[i];
	ClientResponse resp = client.get(uri);
	if (resp.getType() == ResponseType.SUCCESS) {
		Document<Feed> doc = resp.getDocument();
		Feed feed = doc.getRoot(); // error occurs here
		LOG.info(feed.getTitle());

		for (Entry entry : feed.getEntries()) {
		  LOG.info("\t" + entry.getTitle());
		}
	} else {
		System.out.println("Failure");
	}
}

org.apache.abdera.parser.stax.FOMExtensibleElement
	at com.sonatype.feedeater.FeedEater.grabUris(FeedEater.java:53)
	at com.sonatype.feedeater.FeedEater.run(FeedEater.java:41)
	at com.sonatype.feedeater.FeedEater.main(FeedEater.java:34)

This could very well be due to my lack of knowledge of Abdera and Atom
feeds in general. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/