abdera-user mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Re: DOCTYPE declaration causing WstxUnexpectedCharException
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:39:39 GMT
 > Would it be difficult for Abdera to support other Atom versions by
 > just poking the feed and then deciding which parser version to use?

If you're not actually using AtomPub (read/write), but just want to read
Atom 0.3 (and 1.0, and RSS-*) feeds, you might want to give ROME
(https://rome.dev.java.net) a shot.   If you can use Python,
http://feedparser.org/ is probably your best bet.

I know there's precedent for supporting something other than AtomPub in
Abdera but truth told, if there's work to be done here I'd rather see it
go towards lobbying this "google" web site to get with the times =)

cheers,

AC