abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Klein" <jeff.kl...@markmonitor.com>
Subject problems "putting" an Entry
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:58:45 GMT
Hi All,

I'm having difficulties doing a put to my collection. I can post and get
ok using AbderaClient, but I'm coming up short doing a get.

Here's my test case:

1) post (create) an entry using AbderaClient
2) do a get on the new entry using the ID obtained in #1
3) call setContent on the Entry obtained in #2
4) try to update the entry on the server using AbderaClient.put

The resulting ResponseContext object returns CLIENT_ERROR when I call
response.getType().

Is there something I am doing wrong? Do I need to set some non-default
RequestOptions?

BTW, when I PUT my entry XML from poster (firefox HTTP client plugin), I
get the following back from my Abdera server...

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF8'?><error
a Type Not Supported</message></error>

Oh, one other thing... I am using AbstractEntityCollectionAdapter. Just
for giggles I overrode putEntry in my subclass, just to see if it was
getting called, and to see what MimeType was being interpreted as on the
server (see below).  But my log message never showed up in the logs...
putEntry() never got called.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

public ResponseContext putEntry(RequestContext request)

{

    log.debug("in putEntry(RequestContext)
mimetype="+request.getContentType());

    return super.putEntry(request);