abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Evans" <aaron.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject decoupling OMElement from Entry/Feed
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 18:06:13 GMT
I'm new to Abdera and am encountering problems related to how Abdera
internally expects Entry and Feed objects to be subclases of
OMElement.  Specifically, I've seen Abdera code like this:

// from FOMFeed.java:
public Feed addEntry(Entry entry) {
   complete();
   addChild((OMElement)entry);
   return this;
}

It leaves me a bit unsettled that the Entry interface is not really
sufficient to add an entry to a feed.

I found this basic issue raised two years ago:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-abdera-dev/200610.mbox/%3c7edfeeef0610081836o34933f07v3b056fa1b9a60142@mail.gmail.com%3e

I understand the change would be a large undertaking;  I'm just
interested to know if there are any plans to let the Abdera model
interfaces not necessarily be implemented as OMElements.

thanks,
-ae