abdera-user mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Classloader problems when creating Factory and Parser objects
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 09:08:51 GMT

On Jul 10, 2008, at 7:24 PM, Zeenat Lainwala wrote:

> In my product, the abdera classes are packaged in an OSGI bundle.
> This is
> version 0.4.0. When abdera creates a Factory, Parser, etc, it uses the
> application classloader and the system class loader
> (org.apache.abdera.util.ServiceUtil.java locateInstance) instead of
> using
> the classloader from
> the bundle. Since the Factory, Parser etc classes are in the bundle,
> the
> classloading fails.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on how I can circumvent this problem?

I had the same problem, in a different context. See the following
thread:

http://www.nabble.com/Using-Abdera-in-a-Confluence-plugin-tt17207744.html

In the end I had to manually move all jars to my webapp's WEB-INF/lib
directory, which sucks, but I don't want to have to fight with too
many frameworks trying to do too many clever things with class-
maybe more. Good luck trying to figure out how to introduce OSGi in
the mix.

	Ugo