abdera-user mailing list archives

From "James Abley" <james.ab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feedback from implementing an AtomPub(-like!) server on top of JCR
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:40:31 GMT
2008/7/30 David Primmer <david.primmer@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM, James Abley <james.abley@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've got my first version up and running. It does POST of media assets
>> to a collection, GET of entries and PUT of the same entries.
>>
>> Just some observations which most likely are due to my lack of
>> experience with the code base. I extended
>> AbstractEntityCollectionAdapter, so all of my comments relate to this
>> class.
>>
>> 1. I overrode getHref(RequestContext) like so:
>>
>>    /
>>     * {@inheritDoc}
>>     */
>>    @Override
>>    public String getHref(RequestContext request) {
>>
>>        /*
>>         * FIXME We override the default implementation to ensure that
>> variables bound for parameter substitution are
>>         * available for URI Templates / Routes.
>>         */
>>        Map<String, String> params = new HashMap<String, String>();
>>
>>        Target target = request.getTarget();
>>
>>        for (String param : target.getParameterNames()) {
>>            params.put(param, target.getParameter(param));
>>        }
>>
>>        return request.urlFor("feed", params);
>>    }
>>
>> Otherwise I was getting back links like
>>
>> /contextpath/base//
>>
>> rather than
>>
>> /contextpath/base/workspace/collection-name
>>
>> I'm not sure what I'm missing here. I should be able to submit a test
>> case and maybe patch if it is a genuine problem, although I used JMock
>> rather than EasyMock.
>
> can't comment on the rest but this is the intended behavior. this was
> recently changed. what you did, used to be done by default and it was
> hard to undo it when you didn't want the request env pulled in.
>
> davep

Thanks Dave,

I've tried to track down why the behaviour changed as you say.

$ svn praise server/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/protocol/server/impl/AbstractCollectionAdapter.java
616540    dandiep   public String getHref(RequestContext request) {
617214    dandiep     return request.urlFor("feed", hrefParams);
616540    dandiep   }

$ svn log -r 617214
server/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/protocol/server/impl/AbstractCollectionAdapter.java
r617214 | dandiep | 2008-01-31 20:22:54 +0000 (Thu, 31 Jan 2008) | 1 line

Having issues today.. didn't mean to commit this.

Going back one more change points me at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-95.

I've had a look at the commits around that area but am none the wiser
as to why the code is the way it is. Any pointers?

Cheers,

James