abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject Generating paging links
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 14:39:53 GMT
Hello all,

I’m adding glue code in my application to automatically generate and add
paging links to a returned feed.

I have the necessary information to decide if a link should be there.

I know how to compute the URI parameters to target another page.

I know how to add a link to a feed with the FeedPagingHelper class.

My question is: Is there an easy way provided by Abdera to generate the link
by altering the current request URI parameters? I need to pass thru all the
current parameters that define the feed content returned (eg
?q=xxx&author=yyy&max-results=10) but alter the start-index parameter to
target the new page.

I can do it manually by getting this information from the RequestContext and
building the new link. But I see a bunch of getLink() methods in the adapter
classes. Is there an easy (or recommended) way of generated new links based
on the current request that I haven’t seen?

Another question would be… do you make the paging links relative to the base
URI or do paging links need to be absolute as the examples in RFC5005 seem
to indicate?

Thank you,

Rémy

Courriel:            remy.gendron@arrova.ca