abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject Error messages
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 15:57:31 GMT
Hello all,

I am currently implementing server side validations (for those interested,
using Spring validation package with Hibernate Validator for the simple
validations).

Any of you have recommendations/insights as to the returned XML payload when
errors are encountered?

I need to return something like a list of error object designators, the
error codes and a default, non localized human readable error message.

I was considering returning this as a feed collection, each error being
wrapped in an entry. Or do you recommend a specific XML schema for the
errors? Or something else?

Some might say that the error code should be enough. However, I would like
to give the caller the opportunity to provide the user with a minimum of
information when errors are reported.

Thanks,

Rémy