abdera-user mailing list archives

From Todd Wells <todd.we...@theplatform.com>
Subject NullPointerException when calling ClientResponse.getDocument()
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 22:38:01 GMT
I¹m stumped.  I have this repeatable case where ClientResponse.getDocument()
results in a NullPointerException, even though a fully-formed atom document
was successfully retrieved.

Here¹s the weird part ‹ and sorry there are so many caveats here ‹ this is
running from inside an ant task that I¹ve written.  When I run it inside of
the debugger or IDE (while not debugging) it works just fine.  When I run it
via the command line I get the NPE every time.  I¹m routing both attempts
through an HTTP proxy (fiddler) and I can see that the HTTP request and
response are the same in both cases , but in the one case Abdera throws the
NPE.  I¹ve been poking at this for several hours now and I¹m at my wit¹s
end.  Here¹s the stack trace I¹m getting.  Any idea how I could further nail
this down?

        at
org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbstractClientResponse.getDocument(Abstrac
tClientResponse.java:96)
        at
org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbstractClientResponse.getDocument(Abstrac
tClientResponse.java:74)
        at
)
        at
.java:25)
        at
org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:86)
        at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:226)
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:910)
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:754)
        at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokePojoMethod(InvokerHelper.jav
a:765)
        at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.InvokerHelper.invokeMethod(InvokerHelper.java:75
3)
        at
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.invokeMethodN(ScriptByteco
deAdapter.java:167)

My best (and somewhat feeble) guess is that there¹s something different in
the class paths that is causing the difference in behavior.  What that might
be, I have no idea.