abdera-user mailing list archives

From "David Primmer" <david.prim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shindig RESTful API server implementation
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 01:24:03 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Cassie <doll@apache.org> wrote:

>  It would also be good to have a quick design discussion to see how best this
>  could integrate with the java and php versions. I'm not up on php at all so
>  perhaps someone who is can comment on how abdera might integrate with
>  multiple languages.

I'm not sure how PHP integration would work and I don't know if it
there is a leading REST-y PHP library. The Java-only integration will
be fairly straightforward, however if PHP, Python, Ruby or any other
language runtime that wants to support the REST protocols would have
to go to the projects available in their space.

By the way, there are also other Java frameworks to do APIs, like
restlet and jersey. (I haven't looked at their licensing issues). We
just picked Abdera because it was the most mature at the time we were
looking (last fall).

davep

http://www.restlet.org/
https://jersey.dev.java.net/