abdera-user mailing list archives

From "David Primmer" <david.prim...@gmail.com>
Subject Shindig RESTful API server implementation
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:12:39 GMT
A group of us at Google have decided to try to implement the RESTful
Data API portion of the Shindig reference implementation with the Atom
framework Abdera. I believe this has been called the 'gateway server'.
We will implement whatever is decided on at
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-and-gadgets-spec.

We are hoping there will be an initial draft spec posted there soon.
Still, we can start now, before the wire formats are finalized, by
getting the basic servlets going and establish a place for people to
try out features. I wanted to send this initial message to the list to
let everyone know our intentions and start a discussion of what we
plan on doing. We have a few months experience using Abdera and with
the 0.4 release coming soon, now is a perfect time to kick off this
effort.

davep

reference links:
http://incubator.apache.org/abdera/