abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Brown" <e...@google.com>
Subject Re: Shindig RESTful API server implementation
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:39:32 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM, Cassie <doll@apache.org> wrote:

> It's great that you are going to try to contribute to Shindig, thank you
> for
> your interest!
>
> I would like to put this up to the community though, do we think Shindig
> should start creating scaffolding and eventually implement the in progress
> restful api spec? And if so, should it be on a branch or in the main code
> base?

Put it in java/social (or maybe java/rest or something else if you really
want to get pedantic) and I think you're fine as long as it doesn't conflict
with anything else. As near as I can tell, this can be implemented more or
less without having to affect the gadget server, which ultimately means that
"nobody" using shindig in production will be affected. As your work on the
open social servlets progresses there might be some overlap, but I'd expect
the RESTful APIs to be fully defined by the time that becomes an issue.

Shindig does aim to implement anything necessary to complete the os /
gadgets stack, and it seems to me that this is will ultimately be a
necessary component of that stack.

--
~Kevin

If you received this email by mistake, please delete it, cancel your mail
account, destroy your hard drive, silence any witnesses, and burn down the
building that you're in.