abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject RE: Batching
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 14:09:00 GMT
Here it is: http://www.snellspace.com/wp/?p=788

R.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Diephouse [mailto:dan.diephouse@mulesource.com]
Sent: February 04, 2008 21:06
To: abdera-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Batching

What about HTTP pipelining? Granted there is the idempotency issue:

"""Clients SHOULD NOT pipeline requests using non-idempotent methods or
non-idempotent sequences of methods (see section 9.1.2). Otherwise, a
premature termination of the transport connection could lead to
indeterminate results. A client wishing to send a non-idempotent request
SHOULD wait to send that request until it has received the response
status for the previous request."""

However I feel that there is some flexibility here if you can architect
your non-idempotent stuff in such a way that you can get consistent
results if a POST fails.

Do you have a link to the post by James?

- Dan

Remy Gendron wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> Has there been any progress on how batching should be implemented?
>

> There was that good post by James discussing the Google approach vs using
> plain HTML/REST constructs to achieve this goal.
>

> I will soon have to implement batch updates. Either APP is extended to
> support batching or I will have to create specific REST services for these
> tasks.
>

> Speaking of REST services, I will ask for best practices in another post.
>

> Rémy

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2008.02.04

--