abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject REST services along side Atom APP
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 21:16:38 GMT
Hello all,

Has anybody given thoughts on how to implement standard REST services on top
of Atom/APP/Abdera.

For instance:

Assume I have entity A which is subject to a workflow process in my business
layer.

Of course, CRUDs are implemented as APP/Abdera interactions.

But how would I go about triggering a workflow action on A and getting back
the new workflow state of A?

Should I do an APP PUT on the targeted entry with additional parameters
associated to the workflow action and alter my PUT handling in the adapter
when I detect those parameters?

Should I create dedicated standard REST calls to handle these actions
outside of the APP universe? Is Atom/APP exclusively reserved to CRUD
syndication?

If the latter is recommended, I will alter my server configuration so that
the Abdera servlet only services calls to
//domain/appctx/feeds/collection_id/entry_id. Currently, the Abdera servlet
handles everything under the application context. I would now use
//domain/appctx/rest/… for everything not APP.

Your thoughts?

Rémy

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10:10