abdera-user mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Batching
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 17:57:48 GMT
pipelining is a good solution if all of the batched changes are
independent of one another.  That is, even if one of the batched
requests is not idempotent, if each can be applied independently of the
other requests, without causing any overlap or conflict in the changes,
then there is no problem.  Ensuring that kind of non-interaction,
however, is problematic at best.  Using a multipart-based approach like
I describe in my post is, I think, a better and more reliable solution.
  It does have it's own problems, of course.  I have a simple
implementation of the multipart approach that I'm not quite ready to
share yet; it does work, but the implementation is a lot more
complicated than it really should be due to a number of limitations in
the servlet api.

- James