abdera-user mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Batching
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 02:05:54 GMT
What about HTTP pipelining? Granted there is the idempotency issue:

"""Clients SHOULD NOT pipeline requests using non-idempotent methods or
non-idempotent sequences of methods (see section 9.1.2). Otherwise, a
premature termination of the transport connection could lead to
indeterminate results. A client wishing to send a non-idempotent request
SHOULD wait to send that request until it has received the response
status for the previous request."""

However I feel that there is some flexibility here if you can architect
your non-idempotent stuff in such a way that you can get consistent
results if a POST fails.

Do you have a link to the post by James?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource