abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Remy Gendron" <r...@arrova.ca>
Subject RE: Trying to create a working spring example
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:15:41 GMT
I come to the conclusion that Abdera should probably not include a Spring
integration package but only some examples:
	* Some will want Spring 2.0.x, others 2.5.x.
	* Some prefer XML based configuration, others will go for
annotations or Java code.
	* There are many possible variations depending on architectural
taste.
	* It would be hard to please everyone.

I am putting together an Abdera + Spring example project for my team. I will
submit it to the Abdera folks for possible inclusion in the Abdera examples
or documentation, whichever is best.

A number of things that were put forth in this demo:

* The feed server is powered by Abdera under Spring control.
* The unit tests do not use Spring at all, only Abdera.
* Base classes for unit testing.
	* The unit tests start the feed server in an embedded Jetty.
	* The unit tests load, start and populate an embedded HSQLDB.
* My applicationContext.xml is empty.
	* All components are auto-discovered. (@Component annotation)
	* Auto-wiring is used for everything. (@Autowired)
	* The servlet and provider are all generic and automatic.
	* All adapters are auto-discovered and injected automatically.
	* AbstractSpringAdapter generalizes some adapter behaviours.
* Base classes for model objects and services.
	* No DTOs, only entities (model objects).
	* Access to entities thru an interface to restrict client access.
	* With the goal of preventing the presentation layer from
manipulating the model directly to implement business rules.
* No text configuration (XML or properties). Java config is preferred.
* Some convention over configuration.

I should be able to submit this example sometime next week.

Remy