abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Jun Yang" <jyang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server module refactoring
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:49:12 GMT
The BasicAdapter part looks a little weird as it is an abstract class that
is supposed to know nothing about request/response contexts and yet
implements CollectionAdapter that knows them.  Our intent is for Adapter to
have little external dependencies so that adapters can be used in the
context of Abdera and others.
Can we make BasicAdapter a stand-alone interface?  And better yet how about
the following?

public interface BasicAdapter<T> {

  public Feed getFeed() throws BasicAdapterException;

  public Entry getEntry(T context, Object entryId)
throws BasicAdapterException;

  public Entry createEntry(T context, Entry entry)
throws BasicAdapterException;

  public Entry updateEntry(T context, Object entryId, Entry entry)
throws BasicAdapterException;

  public boolean deleteEntry(T context, Object entryId)
throws BasicAdapterException;

}

Jun