abdera-user mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Server module refactoring
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:14:36 GMT
James M Snell wrote:

>> By the way, I'm not totally agreed with Dan when he says that the
>> default
>> regex target resolver should distinguish the target based on the content
>> type too. I understand the requirement but I think this could be a
>> job for a
>> more specific resolver like StructuredResolver.
>>

> Yeah, I'm not convinced either.  The resolver design was intended to
> allow varying approaches and I have no problem if
> StructuredTargetResolver wants to use the content type, but the
> regextargetresolver likely should not.

When building generic stores such as the JCR one this is a requirement.
You don't know if someone is going to post an atom entry or a media
entry. So you need a way to distinguish IMO. It'd be great if there is a
clean way to do this. But I understand what you're saying.
>> On the other hand, what happens with the Spring extension? Dan, are you
>> going to refactor it too? When you finish the server refactor I'd
>> like to
>> take a look to the spring extension in order to rewrite my abdera
>> implementation, so I will be glad to contribute.
>>

> Dan has already done some refactoring.  I don't know if he was
> planning to do more.  Since I don't use spring, it would definitely be
> good to have more eyes looking at it to see what else needs to change
I've already done this. Check out:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/abdera/java/branches/server_refactor_all/spring/src/test/resources/org/apache/abdera/spring/beans.xml

- Dan

--