abdera-user mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Server module refactoring
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:22:13 GMT
For those of you who may not have been following the discussions this
week on the Abdera-dev mailing list or the recent flurry of commits to
the svn, a lot of work has been done to refactor and simplify the Abdera
server framework for the 0.4.0 release.

While there will likely be some additional changes made, the majority of
the work on the new code is complete.  Because of the extent of
refactoring, the changes are not backwards compatible so switching to
this will break existing code.  Therefore, before I merge it into the
trunk, I'd very much like to invite folks to review the refactored API.
  You can find it in the server_refactor_all branch at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/abdera/java/branches/server_refactor_all/server/

I have put together a quick PDF presentation that gives a "20-minute"
overview of the new design and the server implementation process.

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/69763/abderaserverguide.pdf

Please take a few days to look things over.  As always,
comments/suggestions/complaints/praise are welcome :-)

- James