abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Selcuk Bozdag" <sboz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using ATOM feeds for passing parameters
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 16:40:05 GMT
How about Google Data API? How does it work? I know it uses ATOM like
GData but why? Are plain GET/POST/PUT/DELETE commands not enough to
use?

In order to complete my question, I would like to ask a main
architecture question(I am sorry it may be a dumb one): when do we
need to use Atom? Could you please give me some
example(architectures)?

I have a web portal and I want it to communicate with various
applications on some app servers. I do not want to use web services(it
seems mess and heavy for my business requirements). Do you think that
it is a good idea to send Atom streams (e.g. personal records)between
my application server and portal app.

I need to give an architectural decision at this point.

thanks for your helps in advance,

--
Selcuk Bozdag