abdera-user mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RFC-5005 best practices
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:57:17 GMT
I've implemented paging a number of times.  The easiest approach has
always been to use page and pagesize.  Doing so, however, has it's
disadvantages.  For one, the pages are unstable -- that is, as new
entries are added to the collection, the entries slide through the pages
making it difficult for a client to completely and consistently sync up
the changes.  An alternative approach would be to based paging on date
ranges, each each page could represent all entries modified within a
given period of time.  Such pages will generally be much less volatile
over time.

- James