abdera-user mailing list archives

From Neale Upstone <ne...@nealeupstone.com>
Subject Anyone having problems with max connections when load testing?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 14:09:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Abdera (4.0, recent snapshot) as part of my testing, and I'm
getting a lock up when load testing the creation of an atom entry.

If I pause the VM and investigate, I find that
MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager has run out of connections for the
host.  It exhibits some strange behaviour, where it used to work, when I
had some other, disk read I/O going on between the writes, but moved
that to a singleton initialisation (reading a database of random
postcodes if you must know ;)

Is anyone else using AbderaClient (i.e. re-using the same instance) for
multiple repeated posts?

If I add client.setMaxConnectionsPerHost(20); , for a test of 20
creates, it works.  Otherwise it stops after the first two.

What's weird, and concerning is that it works when other I/O is going
on.  Certainly worth people being aware of.

Cheers,

Neale

Thread [main] (Suspended)
     Object.wait(long) line: not available [native method]

MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.doGetConnection(HostConfiguration,
long) line: 518

MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.getConnectionWithTimeout(HostConfiguration,
long) line: 416
     HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethod) line: 153
     HttpClient.executeMethod(HostConfiguration, HttpMethod, HttpState)
line: 397
     HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpMethod) line: 323
     AbderaClient.execute(String, String, RequestEntity, RequestOptions)
line: 435
     AbderaClient.post(String, RequestEntity, RequestOptions) line: 156
     TestCreate.create(Entry) line: 162
     TestCreate.testCreateMany() line: 108