abdera-user mailing list archives

From herbert <i...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: HTTP-GET-Problem with Abdera-Client 0.3.0.
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:47:45 GMT

Hi James!

Though the "revertRedirectSetting"-option looks a bit obscure, it has the
advantage,
that it preserves the value of followRedirects defined by the
httpMethodBase-class-hierarchie
if revertRedirectSetting is not set to true and overrides the default-value,
if set to true
 (...and thus by just using one additional parameter).

The current solution has the caveat, that the DeleteMethod, the
OptionsMethod and
the TraceMethod will by default have followRedirects set to true.
Prior to this change, they had followRedirects set to false.

But I don't know, if there are reasons for this default-settings in
HttpClient.

For my purposes the current solution is totally fine!

Thanks!

Herbert