abdera-user mailing list archives

From herbert <i...@gmx.de>
Subject HTTP-GET-Problem with Abdera-Client 0.3.0.
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 14:05:51 GMT

Hi!

I have a problem with an Abdera-Client 0.3.0.

I send a HTTP-GET-request to a APP-Server, that responds
to this request with a HTTP-302-Response and a new
location, that uses HTTPS.

My send-code looks like this:
Abdera abdera = new Abdera();
AbderaClient client = new AbderaClient(abdera);
RequestOptions requestOptions = makeSomeOptions();
ClientResponse response = client.get(serverURL, requestOptions);

After this line the AbderaClient should have given back these values in the
response-Object:
response.getStatus() = 302
response.getLocation() = "https://newURLGivenByServer"

But something goes wrong and I get the following exception:

org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.ClientException:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path
building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
	at
org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbderaClient.execute(AbderaClient.java:415)
	at
org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbderaClient.get(AbderaClient.java:129)
	at ...

The full exception-stacktrace is appended at the end of this posting.
I appended also the HTTP-GET-Request and the HTTP-Response, sniffed by
ethereal.

I'm not sure, how to debug this issue.

Another symptom:
If I fire another Request (e.g. a POST) over HTTPS to this server before the
GET-Request is executed,
the exception does not occur, but the result is also not that, that should
be:

response.getStatus: 401
response.getStatusText: Unauthorized
response.getLocation: null

It seems to me, that something goes wrong in the execute-method of
AbderaClient, when
performing a GET-Request. This does not happen, when firing a DELETE- or a
POST-Request.

Any ideas, how I could track this thingy?

Regards,

Herbert

Full stacktrace:

org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.ClientException:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path
building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target
	at
org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbderaClient.execute(AbderaClient.java:415)
	at
org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbderaClient.get(AbderaClient.java:129)
	at ...
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX
path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
	at com.ibm.jsse2.n.a(n.java:11)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:509)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.db.a(db.java:17)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.db.a(db.java:113)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.eb.a(eb.java:49)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.eb.a(eb.java:16)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.db.m(db.java:250)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.db.a(db.java:70)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:187)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.g(jc.java:480)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.jc.a(jc.java:31)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.j.write(j.java:2)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:88)
	at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:146)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream(HttpConnection.java:828)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.flushRequestOutputStream(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1553)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.java:2112)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1088)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
	at
org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbderaClient.execute(AbderaClient.java:401)
	... 22 more
Caused by: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed:
java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid
certification path to requested target
	at com.ibm.jsse2.util.f.b(f.java:60)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.util.f.b(f.java:54)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.util.e.a(e.java:20)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.yb.checkServerTrusted(yb.java:43)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.hb.checkServerTrusted(hb.java:17)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.eb.a(eb.java:271)
	... 40 more
Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid
certification path to requested target
	at
com.ibm.security.cert.PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.buildCertPath(PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.java:379)
	at
com.ibm.security.cert.PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.engineBuild(PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl.java:195)
	at java.security.cert.CertPathBuilder.build(CertPathBuilder.java:215)
	at com.ibm.jsse2.util.f.b(f.java:80)
	... 45 more

Sniffed Request:

GET
/activities/service/atom/activitynode?activityNodeUuid=4EEGC0A83224B4ECC4CFA96C3F4A960001A6
HTTP/1.1

Accept: application/atom+xml;type=entry, application/atom+xml;type=feed,
application/atom+xml, application/atomsvc+xml, application/atomcat+xml,
application/xml, text/xml, */*

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

Accept-Charset: utf-8, *;q=0.5

Host:  myserverhost:9080

Sniffed Response:

HTTP/1.1 302 Found

Location:
https://myserverhost:9443/activities/service/atom/activitynode?activityNodeUuid=4EEGC0A83224B4ECC4CFA96C3F4A960001A6

Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 13:32:43 GMT

Server: WebSphere Application Server/6.1