abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Doug Fils" <drf...@gmail.com>
Subject abdera and mod_atom unexpected EOF in prolog
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:39:13 GMT
All,
  I'm new to the list but my review of the archives didn't show anything on
this.  Hopefully it's not a repeat I missed.

I am installed the mod_atom server by Tim Brey from
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/06/25/mod_atom
and http://code.google.com/p/mod-atom/

Using the Main.java code from the examples ... appclient directory I can
easily post entries to this server and parse feed entry lists.  However, I
ran into two issues.

1)  Attempt to PUT to '[REMOVED]' without an If-Match header

Adding in a:
 RequestOptions requestOptions = new RequestOptions();
  requestOptions.setIfMatch("tag:example.org,2006:foo");
then
doc = abderaClient.get(editUri.toString(), requestOptions).getDocument();

resolved this..  though I am totally not sure using the tag string means
anything here.  Indeed this may be why I am getting error 2

2) Exception in thread "main" org.apache.abdera.parser.ParseException:
org.apache.abdera.parser.ParseException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException:
Unexpected EOF in prolog
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,0]
    at org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbstractClientResponse.getDocument(
AbstractClientResponse.java:102)
    at org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbstractClientResponse.getDocument(
AbstractClientResponse.java:73)
    at org.apache.abdera.protocol.client.AbstractClientResponse.getDocument(
AbstractClientResponse.java:61)
    at Main.main(Main.java:66)

This seems to happen at the line:
doc = abderaClient.get(editUri.toString(), requestOptions).getDocument();

Is request options supposed to be required by a server?  Ie is this an issue
with mod_atom and not abdera?

Any help, insight, etc, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Doug