abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: In examples, 404 etc should be HttpServletResponse.SC_NOT_FOUND, etc
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:17:36 GMT
On 11/1/07, Neale <neale@nealeupstone.com> wrote:

> For example, it's much easier to ensure we're handing errors correctly
> when the code we've used as our basis reads:
>             return new
> EmptyResponseContext(HttpServletResponse.SC_NOT_FOUND);
> instead of
>             return new EmptyResponseContext(404);

disagree. i much prefer the brevity of the numeric codes. they are
extremely well known; there's no excuse for misinterpreting a 404
response code. the argument for misinterpretation is slightly stronger
for less well known ones like say 422 and 423, but that's such a small
set that it's trivially learned.