abdera-user mailing list archives

From Kiran Subbaraman <ki...@yahoo.com>
Subject Feeds and Internet Explorer related issues...
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:33:23 GMT

I created a feed using Abdera:
		Factory factory = Abdera.getNewFactory();
		Feed feed = factory.newFeed();
		feed.setLanguage("en-US");
		feed.setBaseUri("http://www.examplecom/");

When I deploy this WAR file, and view the generated feed from within
Firefox, I get to see the feed xml displayed in the Firefox.
With Internet Explorer, I get the error that this xml cannot be displayed.
Specifically, I see this in IE7:
The namespace prefix is not allowed to start with the reserved string "xml".
 Line: 1 Character: 104

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><feed xml:lang="en-US"
xml:base="http://www.example.com/"
xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" .......

Whereas, when I comment out the lines:
		/* feed.setLanguage("en-US");
		feed.setBaseUri("http://www.examplecom/"); */
Both IE and Firefox display the generated feed correctly.
What's going on? Am I missing something in Abdera?
Thanks,
Kiran.