abdera-user mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modeling Media Versions
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:20:13 GMT
We are modeling this a bit differently
We assume optimistic concurrency, so there is really only a single
revision associated with a given Resource (Entry) at any given time
e.g. GET  /foo/bar/123   ==>  always yields the latest/greatest
revision of that Entry
but to edit an Entry you MUST provide a revision Id -- e.g. /foo/bar/
123/2
All this info is kept in a metadata database for the Atom "data server "
We allow for a "single writer" model by allowing for a "/*" revision
(e.g. foo/bar/123/*) and assume that the User knows what they're doing

We do all of our creation via PUT, because in our case the Entry
identifiers are coming from the outside.
But you could do something similar with a POST to the Collection URL

What is in the content (and it's storage) is transparent, and implies
an implicit contract between you and the User (e.g. we use RelaxNG to
impose that contract)
Supplying different Representations (foo/bar/123 or foo/bar/123.jpg)
associated with a given Resource seems consistent to me.

Cheers,
-- Chris

On Oct 8, 2007, at 2:46 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Brian Moseley wrote:
>> On 10/8/07, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:
>>

>>>  Which leads me back to wanting to just POST to /images... Is
>>> there anything
>>> wrong with just POSTing to /images and having /images/foo,
>>> /images/foo/versions, /images/foo/versions/1 and /images/foo/
>>> versions/1.jpg
>>> all created in that POST?
>>>
>> Hm, seems fine to me!
>>
> OK thanks Brian! :-)
>
> --
> Dan Diephouse
> MuleSource
> http://mulesource.com | http://netzooid.com/blog

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com