abdera-user mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Abdera feedback
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:52:15 GMT
Jim has hit the nail on the head;

My primary wishlist, in order;
   *) Graduate from the Incubator
   *) Finalize the client-facing API
   *) Focus of "hardening" the software
   *) Improve docs and examples
   *) Cut a 1.0 release

We are going to Production, as I write this, with an Abdera-based
"Atom Store", so I'd love to see Abdera graduate, and appear to the
rest of the world as we in the community know it.  Abdera is
definitely the best-of-breed.  It is quite impressive, especially at
such a young age.

James et al, thank you so very much for all your hard work.
It is truly appreciated.

Cheers,
-- Chris

On Oct 16, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Jim Ancona wrote:

> James M Snell wrote:
>> Hey Abdera-users, as we're getting started on the 0.4.0 development
>> stream... I was wondering if y'all would be willing to share your
>> top-ten list of complaints.
>
> No complaints here, I find Abdera pretty impressive. I'd like to
> consider using it for an upcoming project, but it might be a tough
> sell at release 0.3 in the incubator. So my priority would be to
> get to a stable 1.0 release (and graduation from incubation). I
> would favor:
>
> - Refactor APIs, where necessary, then stabilize them
> - Improve documentation (including, or maybe especially, Javadoc)
> - Publish more examples
> - Test and resolve issues
>
> I'd prefer that added functionality (e.g. persistence) be in
> extensions that come after a stable release 1.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
>
> Jim

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com