abdera-user mailing list archives

From Jim Ancona <...@anconafamily.com>
Subject Re: Abdera feedback
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:28:51 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> Hey Abdera-users, as we're getting started on the 0.4.0 development
> stream... I was wondering if y'all would be willing to share your
> top-ten list of complaints.

No complaints here, I find Abdera pretty impressive. I'd like to
consider using it for an upcoming project, but it might be a tough sell
at release 0.3 in the incubator. So my priority would be to get to a
stable 1.0 release (and graduation from incubation). I would favor:

- Refactor APIs, where necessary, then stabilize them
- Improve documentation (including, or maybe especially, Javadoc)
- Publish more examples
- Test and resolve issues

I'd prefer that added functionality (e.g. persistence) be in extensions
that come after a stable release 1.

Just my 2 cents,

Jim