abdera-user mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Modeling Media Versions
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:11:35 GMT
OK, I have yet another modeling question. Lets say I have an image
library and I want to archive different versions of the image as they
move through the photoshop process. (don't get too caught up on the
example, the basic ideas is that we have an entry which is backed by
media and then its versioned).

The general idea of how to model it makes sense to me now based on the
previous collection modelling thread. I will have a Collection of
images. Each image <entry> will then contain a <collection> which refers
to a specific version.

My question is how do I go about creating the first version? I can see
two ways.

1. Post the media to /images and create an entry at
/images/foo_image/version1
2. Post to /images with just some metadata and create a
/images/foo_image resource. Then post the media to /images/foo_image.

The second one seems more correct, but I dislike how its two steps and
you have to create a resource without the initial image. Is there
anything wrong with doing the first one?

Does that make sense? Any ideas?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse