abdera-user mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Advice on implementing an APP server
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 19:58:56 GMT
Adam Constabaris wrote:
> I did write up some documentation about this, which James incorporated
> into SVN, but it is now hopelessly out of date (it concerned roughly
> the 0.2.2 release, which is a bygone API era now =)  The doc I wrote
> is still in the 0.3.0 branch's doc/ subfolder, but at this point it's
> probably more of a harm than a help.  I don't have much time at the
> moment to do an update.
>
> I think your hopes, at least in the short term, are best pinned on the
> wiki, as mentioned in the other thread: http://cwiki.apache.org/ABDERA/
>
> If you don't mind looking at code, you might try fetching the 0.3.0
> branch (or the trunk, if you'd rather play it that way) from SVN and
> look over the appserver example
> (examples/src/main/org/apache/examples/appserver). Dan Diephouse's
> spring integration (see spring/) contribution, in conjunction with
> what's on the wiki about it, will also tell you quite a bit about the
> pieces you need to implement.
>
> HTH,
>
> AC

My wiki related documentation doesn't really go into how to write the
actual server side Provider too much though. But, I have written some
code to help simplify the development of providers which I've submitted
here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-63

Supposedly its going to be integrated at some point, in the mean time
though I'm pretty sure all of it is just class additions which you could
hold in your own local code base. It includes an example test case which
should show the basics as well.

Contributing some server side howtos is on my todo list as well, but I'd
like to get the code side of things sorted before I write documentation
on it :-)

Regards,
- Dan

--