abdera-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Modeling Media Versions
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 17:31:28 GMT
On 10/8/07, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:

> The second one seems more correct, but I dislike how its two steps and
> you have to create a resource without the initial image. Is there
> anything wrong with doing the first one?

I think you have more resources than you think you do:

/images  - atom:collection
  /foo  - atom:entry
    /versions - atom:collection
      /1 - atom:entry
      /1.jpg - media

The versions collection really is an independent resource that should
have its on address, which removes the confusing need to POST to an
entry.

I suggest POSTing an entry to /images to create both /images/foo and
/images/foo/versions/, then POSTing to /images/foo/versions/ to create
/images/foo/versions/1 and /images/foo/versions/1.jpg.

Thinking of it like this makes the two step process seem more natural,
IMO. You are creating four resources after all.