abdera-user mailing list archives

From Kiran Subbaraman <ki...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help with APP Server example
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 04:44:36 GMT

I had a look at the examples, for APP server, from here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/abdera/java/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/examples/appserver/

Created classes which are similar to the ones in the example - basically a
copy-paste.

Added AbderaServlet to the web.xml, and set init-params to point to my
service context. The param name being:
<param-name>org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.ServiceContext</param-name>

Created a WAR, and deployed in Geronimo.
I enter the url localhost:8080/atom/ and get a 404. Though I notice that my
service context is created and the getTargetResolver, and getProviderManager
methods are invoked. I had inserted sys.out statements to track the flow.
I get a 404 for any of the /atom/feed, or /atom/feed/specific-id urls too.

I had a look at the following content to understand if there was a way out,
not much help for my simple scenario:
Spring integration: http://cwiki.apache.org/ABDERA/spring-integration.html
Discussion thread:
http://www.nabble.com/Advice-on-implementing-an-APP-server-tf3260839.html

Is there any other configuration setting required from an Abdera perspective
to make this work?

Kiran