abdera-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: error during sendError
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:20:56 GMT
So, to be clear, the SVN /trunk is what will become 0.3 soon??
Thanks,
-- Chris

On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:16 PM, James M Snell wrote:

> Yeah, we haven't updated the version numbers on the trunk yet.  The
> 0.3.0-incubating branch is for the release. Once we actually release,
> I'll get in an bump up the trunk version number.
>
> - James
>
> Chris Berry wrote:
>> Hmmmm.
>> It was there in my checkout today.
>> I did a svn co of /trunk.
>> It is marked 0.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT
>> Thanks!
>> -- Chris
>> On Sep 12, 2007, at 11:07 PM, James M Snell wrote:
>>
>>> Fixed in the trunk.  This does not appear to be applicable to 0.3.0
>>> (sendError was not added to AbstractRequestHandler until after  
>>> the 0.3.0
>>> branch was created).
>>>
>>> - James
>>>
>>> Chris Berry wrote:
>>>> Greetings,
>>>> I have another one ;-)
>>>> When I make a request with an explicitly incorrect URI (e.g. /a/ 
>>>> b/c/d/e)
>>>> An Exception is thrown on the Error exit, as shown below.
>>>> Which results in a 500 instead of a 404.
>>>>
>>>> The offending code is shown below....
>>>>
>>>> BTW: I tried just setting it to "utf-8", but it then throws a  
>>>> NPE later
>>>> on (see below).
>>>> I can just comment out this JUnit for now, but I thought you  
>>>> might want
>>>> to know...
>>>> Cheers,
>>>> -- Chris
>>>> ============
>>>> In AbstractRequestHandler
>>>> ------------------------------------
>>>>   private void sendError(RequestContext request,
>>>>                          HttpResponse response, int code,
>>>>                          String message) throws
>>>> UnsupportedEncodingException,
>>>>     IOException {
>>>>     response.setStatus(code);
>>>>     OutputStream out = response.getOutputStream();
>>>>
>>>>    // the following line should not be using  
>>>> request.getAcceptCharset()
>>>>    //  since OutputStreamWriter doesn't understand  "utf-8,  
>>>> *;q=0.5"
>>>>     OutputStreamWriter writer = new OutputStreamWriter(out,
>>>> request.getAcceptCharset());
>>>>
>>>>     // TODO: should we wrap this in some nice HTML?
>>>>
>>>>     // workaround.
>>>>     // It looks like  Messages.get("NOT.FOUND") is returning  
>>>> null in
>>>> notfound()
>>>>     if ( message == null )
>>>>         message = "";
>>>>
>>>>     writer.write(message);
>>>>     writer.close();
>>>>     out.close();
>>>>   }
>>>>
>>>> =================
>>>> In MethodHelper
>>>> ------------------------
>>>>   public static RequestOptions createDefaultRequestOptions() {
>>>>     RequestOptions options = new RequestOptions();
>>>>     options.setAcceptEncoding(
>>>>       "gzip",
>>>>       "deflate");
>>>>     options.setAccept(
>>>>       "application/atom+xml;type=entry",
>>>>       "application/atom+xml;type=feed",
>>>>       "application/atom+xml",
>>>>       "application/atomsvc+xml",
>>>>       "application/atomcat+xml",
>>>>       "application/xml",
>>>>       "text/xml",
>>>>       "*/*");
>>>>
>>>>     // temporary workaround
>>>>     //options.setAcceptCharset( "utf-8", "*;q=0.5");
>>>>     options.setAcceptCharset( "utf-8" );
>>>>
>>>>     return options;
>>>>   }
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ============
>>>> dogstar:~/homeaway/pstore/cwb-newAbdera cberry$ java -version
>>>> java version "1.5.0_07"
>>>> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build  
>>>> 1.5.0_07-164)
>>>> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_07-87, mixed mode, sharing)
>>>>
>>>> ===============
>>>> Exception 1
>>>>
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:138] DEBUG - header                     - >>  
>>>> "GET
>>>> /hcdata/v1/a/b/c/d/e HTTP/1.1[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:138] DEBUG - HttpMethodBase             -  
>>>> Adding Host
>>>> request header
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:153] DEBUG - header                     - >>
>>>> "Connection: close[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:154] DEBUG - header                     - >>
>>>> "Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:154] DEBUG - header                     - >>
>>>> "Accept-Charset: utf-8, *;q=0.5[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:155] DEBUG - header                     - >>  
>>>> "Accept:
>>>> application/atom+xml;type=entry, application/atom+xml;type=feed,
>>>> application/atom+xml, application/atomsvc+xml, application/ 
>>>> atomcat+xml,
>>>> application/xml, text/xml, */*[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:156] DEBUG - header                     - >>
>>>> "User-Agent: Abdera/v0.3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:156] DEBUG - header                     - >>  
>>>> "Host:
>>>> localhost:40506[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:49:156] DEBUG - header                     - >>
>>>> "[\r][\n]"
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:27] DEBUG - DefaultServiceContext      -  
>>>> Returning
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.SimpleSubjectResolver@538b14 
>>>>  as
>>>> instance of {1}.
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:32] DEBUG - DefaultServiceContext      -  
>>>> Returning
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.DefaultRequestHandlerManager 
>>>> @bb613c
>>>>
>>>> as instance of {1}.
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:33] DEBUG - AbderaServlet              -  
>>>> Processing
>>>> request
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:34] DEBUG - AbderaServlet              -  
>>>> Handler -
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.DefaultRequestHandler@ae0e27
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:35] DEBUG - AbstractRequestHandler     -  
>>>> Processing
>>>> the request
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:35] DEBUG - AbstractRequestHandler     - Using
>>>> provider: com.homeaway.hcdata.store.StoreProvider@8202f4
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:47] ERROR - AbstractRequestHandler     - Error
>>>> producing output
>>>> java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException: utf-8, *;q=0.5
>>>>         at sun.io.Converters.getConverterClass(Converters.java:218)
>>>>         at sun.io.Converters.newConverter(Converters.java:251)
>>>>         at
>>>> sun.io.CharToByteConverter.getConverter(CharToByteConverter.java: 
>>>> 68)
>>>>         at
>>>> sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$ConverterSE.<init>(StreamEncoder.java:189)
>>>>         at
>>>> sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder$ConverterSE.<init>(StreamEncoder.java:172)
>>>>         at
>>>> sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.forOutputStreamWriter 
>>>> (StreamEncoder.java:72)
>>>>         at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init> 
>>>> (OutputStreamWriter.java:82)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.sendE 
>>>> rror(AbstractRequestHandler.java:156)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.notfo 
>>>> und(AbstractRequestHandler.java:179)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.preco 
>>>> nditions(AbstractRequestHandler.java:90)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.proce 
>>>> ss(AbstractRequestHandler.java:60)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.servlet.AbderaServlet.service 
>>>> (AbderaServlet.java:98)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
>>>> (HttpServlet.java:802)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle 
>>>> (ServletHolder.java:491)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle 
>>>> (ServletHandler.java:367)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle 
>>>> (HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest 
>>>> (HttpConnection.java:457)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete 
>>>> (HttpConnection.java:751)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext 
>>>> (HttpParser.java:500)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run 
>>>> (SocketConnector.java:217)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run 
>>>> (BoundedThreadPool.java:475)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> [09/12/07 20:47:50:51] DEBUG - AbstractRequestHandler     -  
>>>> Releasing
>>>> provider: com.homeaway.hcdata.store.StoreProvider@8202f4
>>>>
>>>> ==============
>>>> Exception 2
>>>>
>>>> [09/12/07 21:16:48:171] ERROR - AbstractRequestHandler     - Error
>>>> producing output
>>>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>>         at java.io.Writer.write(Writer.java:126)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.sendE 
>>>> rror(AbstractRequestHandler.java:158)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.notfo 
>>>> und(AbstractRequestHandler.java:179)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.preco 
>>>> nditions(AbstractRequestHandler.java:90)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.impl.AbstractRequestHandler.proce 
>>>> ss(AbstractRequestHandler.java:60)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.apache.abdera.protocol.server.servlet.AbderaServlet.service 
>>>> (AbderaServlet.java:98)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service 
>>>> (HttpServlet.java:802)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle 
>>>> (ServletHolder.java:491)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle 
>>>> (ServletHandler.java:367)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle 
>>>> (HandlerWrapper.java:139)
>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest 
>>>> (HttpConnection.java:457)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete 
>>>> (HttpConnection.java:751)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext 
>>>> (HttpParser.java:500)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run 
>>>> (SocketConnector.java:217)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>         at
>>>> org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run 
>>>> (BoundedThreadPool.java:475)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>> S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com
>>
>>
>>
>>

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com




Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message