abdera-user mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject 0.3 vs. trunk
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:55:33 GMT
Greetings,

Maybe I missed something along the way?
I have been using the SVN trunk to keep up with changes/bug fixes of
late.
Sometimes encouraged to do so by this List.

At one point, a recent "svn up" required a large scale refactoring of
my code
E.g.  CommonsClient is now AbderaClient, new packaging for /server, etc.
Note that the /trunk did NOT change its <version> from 0.3.0-
incubating-SNAPSHOT

So today I grabbed the /branches/0.3-incubating, which frankly I just
heard about this week.
Perhaps everyone else was aware of this branch? That is entirely
possible.

And the branch: /branches/0.3-incubating does NOT contain the recent
refactorings.
So now I am stuck in the middle.
I would love a "stable cut", but I really like the recent refactorings.
The new Spring stuff replaces a lot of code that I was providing.
And I know that /trunk will be the spot for active development.
And frankly, it took considerable effort to adapt my code to the
refactorings

So, a few questions;
1) How stable is the current /trunk? I am going to Production soon
with this code...
2) Can we change the /trunk <version> to 0.4.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT,
so others do not make this same mistake?
3) Will a stable 0.4.0-incubating follow relatively soon??

Thanks much,
-- Chris

S'all good  ---   chriswberry at gmail dot com